Promoting a Safer Church
The care and protection of children, young people, and adults involved in church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please
seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Reporting a concern to us
If you have a Safeguarding concern you would like to report to us, you can find our benefice and diocese safeguarding contact details on the poster below. Please click any of the thumbnails to open the full documents.